Do you always try to reduce complexity?Last updated by Jayden Alchin [SSW] 5 months ago.See history
The human brain:
- Never searches for OR compares all options
- Prefers smaller sets of options (4 or less)
- Picks the first option that looks good enough
- Prefers a shorter option to a longer one
- Makes a compromise between speed and accuracy
It's important to keep these in mind when making design decisions or presenting data.
Our visual short term memory has a capacity of 4 items. So options are easier for our brain to digest when presented in sets of 4.