Do you know how to use social media for international campaigns?Last updated by Tiago Araújo [SSW] 11 months ago.See history
Promoting your application and business via social media can be extremely beneficial, not only for promoting a business but for feedback from customers as well. To help implement social media campaigns, try these tips:
- Target platforms for the countries in which you’ll have either e-commerce or on-the-ground presence. e.g. Facebook/Qzone, Twitter/Weibo.
- Understand the specific social media websites and craft the message for each language. Always localize, don’t just translate. Google Translate just isn't good enough, always give it to a native speaker to translate.
- Don't make the text longer than what the shortest supported is (usually Twitter which is 140 characters).
- Studies show that posts with an image get more traction.
- Post it to the English site.
- Then post it to the Chinese site.
- Great, now you are ready to post to all of the social media platforms simultaneously.
We have a service called SSW Chinafy that can help you get started following this rule.