Do you have an Engagement Lifecycle?Last updated by Brady Stroud [SSW] 4 months ago.See history
Having a documented process for managing engagements provides clients with a consistent experience. It also helps to get new employees up to speed quickly, and provides a reference to existing employees to ensure no steps are accidentally missed.
Initial Phone Call
- The client has made contact but no initial meeting has yet been made
Initial Meeting - Booked
- Sales team has arranged an initial meeting and it's booked in.
- The Initial Meeting is a non-billed meeting that maps to the Initial Meeting described in the 8 Steps to Scrum. It is attended by a Sales person and ideally a Solution Architect.
Follow Up Meeting - Booked
- In some cases, more than one initial meeting may be required before work or speccing commences.
Specification Review Proposal - Waiting for Approval
- After the Initial Meeting, if the work requires it, a Specification Review is proposed.
Specification Review - Booked
- The Specification Review meeting has been approved and booked in.
- The Specification Review is a billed meeting with the customer to review existing specifications, understand specific goals, risks and relevant technologies appropriate for the solution, and create the initial backlog.
- During the Specification Review, the Solution Architect prepares a document, presentation, or video outlining the results of the Specification Review, as per Spec - Do you effectively present the outcomes at the "Specification Review presentation"?.
Project Proposal - Waiting for Approval
- After the Specification Review, the client is given a proposal for a chunk of work. Once this is approved, the Sales Team closes the opportunity as 'won'.
- Proposal is sent to the client including financials and the result of the Specification Review.
- The Scrum process runs, starting with the first Sprint forecast email, as per Do you create a Sprint Forecast? (aka The functionality that will be developed during the Sprint).
- Project is completed, any handover or other transition that has been defined is completed with the client.
- Just like a Sprint Retrospective is held at the end of each Sprint, a Project Retrospective is held to learn from the project that has just completed.