Watch - Do you get regular updates on costs and progress (aka Project Progress, Burndown, etc.)?Last updated by Tiago Araújo [SSW] about 1 year ago.See history
You're the one paying the bills, make sure you know where the costs are and how the project is progressing.
Insist on receiving these 3 reports in every Review meeting:
- Project Progress ($ spent)
- Burndown (ETA)
- Story Overview (testing quality)
Let's look at those 3 reports:
This allows you to see the actual costs of the project on a weekly basis.
Questions that the Burndown and Burn Rate report help answer:
- Is the team likely to finish the iteration on time?
- Will the team complete the required work, based on the current Burn Rate?
- Has the team added work to the iteration?
- How much work does each team member have?
See how to use the Burndown and Burn Rate Report.
Questions that the Stories Overview report help answer:
- How much work does each story require?
- How much work has the team completed for each story?
- Are the tests for each story passing?
- How many active bugs does each story have?
See how to use the Stories Overview Report.