Senior Software Architect SydneyB Sc (Mathematics), MCP (SQL Server, VB.Net, MS Access, MS Excel, Networking)
*"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence." *
-- Napoleon Bonaparte
Cameron Townshend is a Senior Software Architect at SSW. A Microsoft Certified Professional specializing in .NET and SQL Server Solutions, Cameron has more than 15 years experience in software development and project management at numerous organizations. Cameron is currently working with ASP.NET 2.0, C#, VB .NET, LINQ, MS WF, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server 2005. Cameron has successfully delivered the following projects. All clients are happy, some we could even consider raving fans.
- Swift Engineering - Project manager and Development Team Leader - Cameron is currently managing the development of a Engineering Management System for SwiftEngineering in Mackay, North Queensland. Built on SQL Server 2005, ASP.Net 3.5, LINQ and Microsoft Workflow(WF). Cameron is both Project Manager and Technical lead, gathering and documenting requirements, developing the architecture and managing a team of 4 developers and 1 web designer. He has also successfully implemented scrum agile methodology which has improved our teams productivity immensely.
- TheGuide.com.au - Development Team Leader - Public website. Developed in SQL Server 2005, Reporting Services, ASP.Net 2.0, C#, NetTiers and nHibernate.
Cameron managed the development of the website. The client wanted to take their very successful Perth based advertising portal national. Key drivers for Cameron in the architecture was to ensure that the site was scalable and reliable yet also simple and easy to use for the end users. Built on SQL Server 2005, ASP.Net 2.0, C#, and net Tiers. Cameron was both Project Manager and Technical lead, gathering and documenting requirements, liasing with the client and managing deliverables and project schedules, developing the architecture and managing 4 developers (including technical client staff) and 1 web designer.
- Chubb Australia - Audit - Internal rostering application. Cameron performed a review of the ASP.NET/SQL Server 2000 application developed offshore. The client was concerned about the poor perfomance of the application. Cameron uncovered the performance bottlenecks and documented these. He then presented his findings to the CIO with specific plans for targeting the key issues and developed an improvement plan. These plans were then implemented in partnership with the outsource development company with dramatic (orders of magnitude) improvements in performance realised for the application.
- Toyota Australia - Development Project Manager - Fleet vehicle tracking project. Developed in SQL Server 2000, Reporting Services, ASP.Net 2.0, and Access.
Cameron managed the three year project with a team of 4 developers, 2 testers, 2 documenters, and was team leader of 4 client staff using System Development Life Cycle management method.
Managing budget and expenditure, issues, costs, and developing and implementing a Requirements Traceability Matrix, Cameron reported to the head of the Fleet Department Business Unit at Toyota.
Successful implementing of the new system helped the Fleet Manager win Fleet Manager of the year in 2005.
- Commonwealth Bank - Lead Developer - Vostro Billing System
Cameron was the lead developer in this 6 month project, Worldwide Interbank Payment system between international banks.
- NSW Health - System Architect - Business Intelligence Dashboard Pilot Project
Cameron managed architecture design on this 3 month project, liaising with the Business Scorecard Manager, implementing a SQL Server 2005, Analysis Services and Reporting Services solution. The architecture was handed on to a development team for completion.
- Oznet Security - Project Manager - Sales tracking system
Cameron managed a team of 3 developers on this 12 month project, reporting to the CEO of Oznet. The project was developed in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and VB6.
- NSW Cancer Council - Testing Team Leader - Cancer Registry system
Cameron was Testing Team Leader on this project, managing a team of 4 testers, creating and managing test cases, and reporting progress directly to the client.
- Other clients - Pfizer, University of NSW, LSI, Newton Fisher, MAC Australia, Honeywell Australia, NSW Health.
At SSW, Cameron oversees project reviews and architecture, design and development on key SSW projects. Cameron speaks at the Sydney .NET User Group.
In his spare time Cameron has been known to play a little rugby.
Interested in what Cameron can do for you?
Contact Cameron's Account Manager to discuss your project
or call on +61 2 9953 3000