Chief Architect and State Manager QLD
BrisbaneB.InfoTech (hons), MBA
Chief Architect and State Manager QLD BrisbaneB.InfoTech (hons), MBA
Damian is the Chief Architect and State Manager for QLD and is a Microsoft MVP in Visual Studio ALM.
With well over ten years of experience both in software development and business analysis roles, Damian has had exposure to a large number of industries including government and finance. A software architect with a wide skillset, he is able to use his excellent technical skills and knowledge of business process to deliver the most effective solutions to our clients.
His main loves are helping Scrum teams run smoothly and effectively using TFS, and delivering great ASP.NET MVC web applications. He has also had extensive experience in .Net WinForms applications, mobile-targeted websites, and SQL Server.
Damian is very active in the Brisbane developer community and runs both the Brisbane .Net User Group (formerly Qld MSDN User Group and the DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper Brisbane conference. He is also a regular speaker at the Queensland ALM user group and various conferences and user groups in other states. He's also a co-author of "Professional Team Foundation Server 2013".
In his spare time, Damian plays indoor and beach volleyball, and is an avid St. Kilda AFL supporter.
Damian's client projects include:
- **Management Advantage - Mentoring and Development
**Management Advantage is a leading provider of aged care and clinical management software. Looking to move their legacy VB6 codebase to .Net and improve their software development process, they engaged SSW to help. Since coming on board, we've implemented an effective Scrum process, provided guidance on best practices for .Net development, and mentored the development team in both technical and process areas.
- Australia Day Council website
Damian worked on the public-facing website for the National Australia Day Council along with a handful of other SSW developers. Built on Umbraco with plenty of customization for search as well as submission and management of events, it has evolved into a very performant and effective site.
- **An Internal Management Application for a major electricity provider
**A long-running project, Damian came on board to help bring the software to completion. Combining DynamicData, ASP.Net, and rich Silverlight interfaces, the solution was a powerful tool to help their management team.
Damian's other work includes:
- Diving into Team Foundation Server Extensibility - Tech Ed New Zealand 2014
- Release Management for the Enterprise - Tech Ed New Zealand 2014
- Octopus Deploy and how to stop deploying like an idiot - DDD Melbourne 2014
- What’s new for ALM in Visual Studio 2013 and Team Foundation Server 2013 - Presented with Adam Cogan at Tech Ed Australia and Tech Ed NZ
- Climbing the Agile Testing Ladder - Presented with Adam Cogan at Tech Ed Australia and Tech Ed NZ
- SSW Enterprise MVC Courses Part 1 and Part 2 - Written and presented with Adam Stephensen
- Zero to Everywhere with ASP.NET MVC
- Building Mobile Websites with ASP.NET MVC 3 and 4
- How to be a good TFS Master
- More presentations can be found with the "Presentations" tag on my blog - http://blog.damianbrady.com.au/category/technology/presentations/
Interested in what Damian can do for you?
Contact Damian's Account Manager to discuss your project
or call on +61 2 9953 3000