- UTS Sydney
- Course has finished for the semester. It will be run again in 2014
UTS has the proud distinction of being the first academic institution in the world to teach participants to develop on the .NET Framework with Visual Studio 2013.
The .NET Framework is one of the leading Microsoft development platforms for Web applications and this short course aims to introduce attendees to the latest
Microsoft Development platform Visual Studio 2013.
Developing Web Applications with MVC 5.0 and Visual Studio 2013 introduces participants to the Microsoft .NET Framework through hands-on exercises.
Coding will be done in the C# language. The class examples can be completed in either C# or VB .NET.
This course provides an introduction to the .NET framework for participants who want to pursue a career in Microsoft .NET development.
At course completion students will be able to:
- Develop web applications using ASP.NET MVC
- Explain the main concepts behind the common language runtime
- Create Web Services using WebAPI
- Create and use classes, interfaces, delegates
- Handle system events and generate custom events
Details are available via the UTS Programming Short Courses page
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
Who should attend
- Developers with a good understanding of object oriented programming and developers wanting to upgrade their skills on the Microsoft platform
- Intermediate programmers who will design and build Web based applications using .NET framework
- Programmers who are evaluating Microsoft .NET tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2013.